Cold Lake Air Show 2020
Cold Lake Air Show Frequently Asked Questions:
We are committed to ensuring guests have a fun and safe family experience during this year’s Cold Lake Air Show.
In order to ensure everyone’s safety, we ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- All forms of weapons are prohibited. All persons, vehicles and hand carried items are subject to search at any time while on 4 Wing Cold Lake property. Narcotics, paraphernalia and alcohol are strictly prohibited. There is no tolerance for fighting or protesting. Failure to follow the rules will result in prosecution and removal from the 4 Wing Cold Lake Air Show.
- Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas only that are clearly marked. Smoking around aircraft and service vehicles is strictly prohibited. Please note that cannabis is not permitted on premises.
- There is enough grass space to accommodate several thousand people. And when you’re looking up, there’s not a bad seat in the house! Personal umbrellas and lawn chairs are welcome but large parasols and pop-up tents are not permitted. Large tents can easily be carried away by the wind, creating a safety hazard.
- Shaded areas are rare at any Air Show. Please plan accordingly and be sure to bring sunscreen and hats. It may at times be noisy so consider bringing ear protection too.
- Food and drink will be available for purchase and FREE water refills will also be available.
What should I bring with me to the Air Show?
In order to ensure that you enjoy the show as much as possible, attendees are encouraged to first and foremost dress according to weather conditions.
Seating will not be available at the show, so visitors are encouraged to bring a folding chair if they wish to sit.
There will be a number of food vendors on the Air Show grounds in addition to a variety of static displays and information booths. These vendors will have both food and drink available for purchase. For those who wish to bring refreshments with them, patrons are permitted to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages with them so long as they are carried in a bag or soft-sided cooler only, but please be aware that all bags and carried items are subject to search by gate security staff and additional wait times will occur.
- Weapons (including, but not limited to knives, firearms, explosives, bio/radiological substances)
- 2-Way Radios
- Coolers (larger than 2 Gallons) unless medically required
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Large Backpacks
- Narcotics and Paraphernalia
- Camera Bags (larger than 1 cubic foot)
- Pop up Tents
- Roller Blades, Skates, Skateboards, (kick and electric) scooters
- Pets (service animals are admitted with hosts)
- Children’s wagons (non-motorized)
- Small Cooler (smaller than 2 gallons)
- Food and Beverage (non-alcoholic)
- Standard Backpack
- Fanny Packs / Purses
- Cell / Smart phone
- Camera Bags (smaller than 1 cubic foot)
- Diaper Bags
- Folding Chairs and Lawn Chairs
- Collapsible strollers
- Hand Held Umbrellas
- Handicap Authorized Scooters Only
Your full cooperation is requested at all times to ensure that everyone enjoys the 2019 Cold Lake Air Show as much as possible.
Can I get a ride in a CF-18 (or other CAF aircraft)?
Is it possible to fly a recreational/personal aircraft into 4 Wing Cold Lake for the Air Show?
Are telephoto camera lenses authorized during the Cold Lake Air Show?
Where can I purchase tickets? Are VIP zone tickets for sale?
May I bring my pets with me to the 2020 Cold Lake Air Show?
Will there be a place to lock up my bike at the front gate?
Please feel free to lock up your bike and enjoy the show with the peace of mind in knowing that your bike is safe and secure.
Where can vendors go for information about becoming involved in the 2020 Cold Lake Air Show?
The primary goal of the 2020 Cold Lake Air Show is to put on a world class airshow, in the form of an affordable experience for the entire family. In order to reach our goal, our plan is to focus on delivering and enabling services which will enhance the air display experience for all spectators. For this year’s show, we will not be hosting any vendors outside those who provide food services or are directly linked to the Department of National Defence.
Please click here for food vendor information.
Will there be shuttles available for those with limited mobility to get from the parking areas to the entrance gates?
There will also be a “people mover” wagon that will transport passengers on the grounds from one gate to the other gate.